Wednesday, September 23, 2015

My Haunted Wedding Ring


So, I have this ring.  My grandmother gave it to me, it was her sister's wedding band.  It's a tiny thing and the metal was worn so thin that I had the diamonds reset years ago.  When my husband asked me to marry him, we created an engagement ring to accompany my aunt's ring with the intent of using it as part of the wedding set.  I ended up using a simple gold band, but I still pull out my aunt's ring whenever I want to feel fancy.  Funny thing though...

It's haunted.

OK, maybe haunted is too strong a word.  But seriously, something is going on with this ring.
Whenever I sleep with it on, without fail, I have the CRAZIEST dreams.  This has been going on for years.  Strange and bizarre dreams that make you ask yourself "dude, where the hell did that come from?!"  Last night's dream was no exception.

I've looked into it somewhat.  The ring is simple--three diamond baguettes set in a thin band.   Since the setting is new (ish), I can't imagine any vibes other than my own imbedding the ring.  Diamonds are a fairly innocuous stone as far as magick goes.  Mostly I use them to bolster other stones I may be using for spellwork.  Traditionally diamonds are used for protection.  So what's going on with mine?!

Sadly, since my grandmother and all of her siblings have passed on, I really have no way of finding out what kind of person my great aunt was, other than my own personal recollections which include a LOT of fresh garden vegetables.  She was a widow and had no children of her own.  I loved her, but it was a child's love.

I've done cleansings on the ring, but still...

Any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting! I'd be curious to see if anyone else has prior experience with this sort of thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely intriguing! I'd love to know if you ever find out what's causing the haunting and crazy dreams! And I love the romantic idea of using your Aunt's ring as part of your wedding set. It's a beautiful way of staying in touch with the past as you move forward into your new life. Good luck with sorting those dreams.

    ReplyDelete