Thursday, October 23, 2014

Guts-o-Mancy

(Warning--this one's about a 9 on the "ew" scale.  Seriously.)

So I opened the front door this morning to find a couple of piles of what I thought was nasty cat vomit on my welcome mat.  Turns out they were a couple of piles of inside-out rodent.  I'm not sure which is worse, but the welcome mat is never gonna be the same.  Seems the sweet, cuddly little 'integrated-pest-management-system' which is my cat left me a present.  Bless him.

Aaanyway, as usual, I was the one who got stuck de-ewing the front porch and as I'm trying to pick up random rat organs with my grocery bag-wrapped hand I was reminded of the ancient (and kinda gross) practice of haruspicy (also called extispicy), and I couldn't help but wonder what an ancient Etruscan haruspex would have gotten out of my sweet kitty's morning offering.  Ooh, and on a new moon too!  Hmmm....

Personally I suspect it was a death threat.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, all those "offerings" are left with love and respect. What a good little child of Bast you have there!

    ReplyDelete