Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Bored Witchcraft

While totally trapped in the house by weather and sick offspring, with no motivation to do anything practical--like clean or cook or, you know, bathe, I thought to myself  "This.  This is why magic should never be easy."

Seriously.  If spells were easy, I'd go all Samantha Stevens on EVERYTHING.  Dishes dirty?  Nose wiggle.  Grape juice (ha!) stain on my shirt?  Nose wiggle.  Spouse bringing the boss home for an impromptu twelve course dinner and spot check on my home?  Big, fat nose wiggle.

I'd abuse the heck outa that nose wiggle power.  How fun would that be?  Of course, then there's that whole balance in the universe thing, and all that nose wiggling would eventually have a price.  You never see Samantha's mom Endora sacrificing a rooster or goat or anything, but I have to wonder where all that power would have come from...?

What's that you say?  Bewitched was just a popular TV series from 1964 to 1972 and not real?  Bite your tongue I say!  I've based my entire life on this show (not really).  Granted, my sons Tabitha and Darwood kind of wish I hadn't (especially Tabitha--we call him Tab for short), but you know...positive roll models and all...

But I still can't wiggle my nose for crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment