Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Magic of Lilies

This morning I noticed that my Easter lilies have finally decided to bloom.  I have a fairly prosperous patch of them, descended from a sad, leggy potted lily given to me by my mother-in-law (I really should thank her again).  Apparently they are quite happy where I've planted them for now they have spread out over six feet of flower bed.

In the language of flowers, the lily can represent fertility, renewal and abundance.   Alternately, the lily, which is toxic if ingested, shows its teeth in spells of protection or to break love spells.  The velvety white Easter lily brings the correspondences of the color white to your spell craft.  Though we associate it with innocence and cleansing, white is a color of power for it contains all of the colors.  Consequently, the Easter Lily makes an excellent altar offering for spells of all kinds.  Just remember folks, all parts are poisonous.

1 comment: