Saturday, February 9, 2013

Glamour Basics


 
This next week we've got Mardi Gras and Valentine's Day coming up.  Fun, food, drink and, well frankly, sex.  Consequently I think I'll let that be my theme for the rest of the week.  Today I'm feeling frumpy, and somewhat disheveled so I want to focus on glamours.

The basis of any good glamour spell is focus and belief.  If you don't believe that you are beautiful, no amount of spellcraft is going to help you.  Start with a ritual cleansing--I usually keep it simple.  While I would love to draw a romantic soaking bath and let Calgon take me away, if I stay in the bathroom too long the kids start banging on the door, thus ruining the mood.  A few candles and a simple salt scrub with an appropriate essential oil blend and base oil in the shower is a good place to start.  For glamours I like sweet orange, cinnamon and vanilla in a base of coconut oil.  It smells a bit like an Orange Dreamcicle--adding a tasty aspect to the spell.  I'll blend a handful of non iodized salt into this and hit the shower.  Focus on sloughing off the old to reveal the new, glowing you as you gently scrub.  I can't stress the gently part enough, especially on the delicate skin of the face and neck.  Once you are done with this, finish your shower as you usually would, say, for a hot date.  Anoint with more of the coconut oil blend, visualizing your beautiful self as you do.

Once you are thusly prepped, choose your best features and focus on bringing them forward.  The spell you write should be focusing on reaffirming your beauty, not creating a mask.  You are beautiful, you are confident, you are amazing.  Keep that knowledge close to you and it will shine through.  This is the glamour.  You don't need to save it for special occasions.  The more you do a glamour spell, the easier and more natural it will seem to you.

Basia mille,
DW

No comments:

Post a Comment