Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Fun With Incense


My family is fairly supportive of my beliefs and practices...except for the incense.  They don't mind if they come home to the lingering fragrance of sandalwood burned hours and hours ago, but gods forbid they should walk in the door while a stick or cone is being burned.  I love the scent of incense, but I will admit that some brands are stronger than others.  I have a drawer full of incense wands which I cannot burn inside--they are that overwhelming. 
The other day a Girl Scout and her mother came to my door to sell cookies (yes, it's that time of year again) and commented on how nice my front porch smelled.  Weeks before, I had placed a few sticks of a really strong incense in a pot of sand to burn later and forgotten about them.  When burned, this particular incense tends to be unbearably strong (hence its being relegated to the out-of-doors), but just sitting there in a pot, it was perfect.
And so inspiration strikes.  Instead of the overpriced bamboo sticks in oil room fresheners I'm seeing everywhere, why not place a few sticks of your favorite incense in a charming jar or vase?  My home now has the gentle scent of incense I love, without the eyeburning smokiness my family hates.  And because it has become part of the decor, I'm always aware of my incense inventory. 

2 comments:

  1. Interesting and important information. It is really beneficial for us. Thanks
    Herbal Incense

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I just want to appreciate your ability to work. You have set an example for us by posting such an informative post. Great work.
    Herbal Incense

    ReplyDelete